SEATTLE, April 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Element Data, Inc., a decision support software platform that harnesses artificial intelligence and machine learning to power decisions worldwide closed a $1.7M seed round on April 20, 2017.
Archibald Cox, Jr., also known as Archie, led the seed round. Mr. Cox has more than 50 years of financial and management experience at the executive level. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Morgan Stanley International and as the Chairman of Barclays Americas and several private companies. Mr. Cox holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Harvard College and an M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.
“Leading global businesses at the executive level for over 40 years, I’ve seen my fair share of decisions both good and bad,” said Archibald Cox, Jr., lead investor in Element Data, Inc. “You shouldn’t have to stress to be confident about your decisions, and Element Data aims to fix that through cognitive computing,” Cox said.
“We are harnessing the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence to help people be more confident in their decisions,” Element Data CEO Geoff McDonald said. “We’re not in the technology, polling or survey business. We’re in the confidence business. We know that when individuals and organizations are confident in the decisions they make, they execute more effectively,” McDonald said.
Element Data is using seed round funds to build a world-class team of artificial intelligence and machine learning engineers to further develop product.
Additional investors include several technology executives including:
- Stephen Lawler, a former Vice President at Amazon.com and 15-year veteran of Microsoft with roles including CTO of Bing Maps, General Manager of Software Development for Bing Mobile, Local Search, MSN and Virtual Earth.
- Erik Jorgensen, the Chairman of Vexcel Imaging and a former Corporate Vice President and 20-year veteran at Microsoft. He was also a brand manager at Procter & Gamble.
- Scott Moore, CEO of Ad Lightning and former President of MSNBC.com and Senior Vice President at Yahoo!
- Matt Sauri, CEO of Wimmer Solutions
- Capital BW LLC, run by Lea Wiviott and Marc Boracchia, San Francisco based angel investors.
Element Data, Inc. is headquartered in Seattle, WA.
Element Data, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/element-data-closes-17m-seed-round-led-by-prominent-investors-300443737.html
SOURCE Element Data, Inc.