SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 12, 2019 /PRNewswire/ —
The global aramid fiber market size is expected to reach USD 5.90 billion by 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 8.2% during the forecast period. Growing demand for protective clothing in various end-use industries such as construction, manufacturing, and oil and gas, as well as law enforcement, military, and firefighting is expected to drive the overall market over the forecast period.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Para-aramid was the largest product segment in the global aramid fiber market in 2017 and is anticipated to dominate the market through the forecast period
- Security and protection accounted for the largest share by application in 2017 on account of increasing applicability of personal protective equipment in various end-use markets
- Europe dominated the overall aramid fiber market and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period. Increasing demand from various end-use markets in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India, is likely to drive this market
- Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest CAGR of 9.8% over the forecast period owing to increasing demand in emerging countries such as China and India.
Read 80 page research report with TOC on “Aramid Fiber Market Size Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Para-aramid, Meta-aramid), By Application (Security & Protection, Frictional Materials, Optical Fibers), And Segment Forecasts 2018 – 2025” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aramid-fiber-market
Aramid fibers are synthetic high-performance fibers with molecules that are described by rigid polymer chains. These molecules are connected by hydrogen bonds, which transfer mechanical stress easily and efficiently. Aramid fibers are distinguished from other synthetic fibers by various characteristics such as low flammability, good resistance to organic solvents, high strength, good resistance to abrasion, non-conductivity, no melting point, and good fabric integrity at elevated temperatures.
Aramid fibers find wide-scale application in security and protection, frictional materials, rubber reinforcement, and optical fibers. Over 30% of aramid fiber produced is used for security and protection applications in various industries such as law enforcement and military, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, building and construction, and firefighting.
Para-aramid fiber is projected to play a key role in market growth over the forecast period owing to its advantageous properties such as high strength and rigid molecular structure, which drive its utilization in security and protection application. Rising demand for protective headgear, safety goggles, protective footwear, earplugs, gloves, safety harnesses, and others is anticipated to propel product demand over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global aramid fiber market on the basis of product, application, and region:
– Aramid Fiber Products Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
– Aramid Fiber Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Security & Protection
- Frictional Materials
- Rubber Reinforcement
- Optical Fibers
- Tire Reinforcement
- Electrical Insulation
– Aramid Fiber Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Abaca Fiber Market – The Global abaca fiber market has been witnessing strong growth over the past few years on account of increasing demand from pulp manufacturing industry.
- Ceramic Inks Market – The Global ceramic inks market is expected to witness significant growth on account of growing construction & infrastructure industry.
- Ceramic Fiber Market – Ceramic fiber market is expected to witness substantial growth owing to increasing use in the iron & steel and petrochemical industry for insulation purpose.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc