SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The global anatomic pathology market size is expected to reach USD 34.66 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 10.08% from 2021 to 2028. The advent of technology in the instruments and the protocols used during the anatomic pathological procedures is anticipated to increase the adoption rate of advanced anatomic pathological instruments.
Key Insights & Findings:
- By product and services, the consumables segment accounted for the largest share in 2020. High availability, low cost, and a frequent purchase rate of consumables contributed to the segment growth
- The instruments product and services segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Technological advancements in instruments to minimize the risk of errors through the integration of novel design are expected to drive the segment
- The disease diagnosis application segment dominated the market in 2020 owing to the increasing role of anatomic pathological tools in identifying any anomalies that help diagnose a condition. The use of biomarkers for tracking and identifying infections and diseases during diagnostic processes is expected to boost the growth of the segment
- In terms of end use, the hospitals segment captured the largest share in 2020 due to an increase in the hospitalization rate that stimulates the adoption of pathological workflows for disease monitoring and diagnosis
- The diagnostic laboratories end-use segment growth is facilitated by the use of state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and instrumentation, multiple electronic interfaces, and information systems
Read 176 page market research report, “Anatomic Pathology Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product & Services (Consumables, Instruments, Services), By Application, By End-use, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 – 2028“, by Grand View Research
Market players are collaborating for the refurbishment of pathology products by the incorporation of innovative disease diagnostic models. In April 2021, Leica Biosystems collaborated with Paige, an AI-based diagnostics company, for expanded access to computational pathology products for translational and clinical research. Under this partnership, Paige’s AI-enabled research software and Leica Biosystems’ digital pathology platform were combined. This, in turn, accelerates investments in the up-gradation of pathological equipment.
Pathology-training programs offered to pathologist trainees by public and private entities drive the market. For instance, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education accredited residency programs for anatomic pathology provide education and training to individuals via numerous teaching conferences.
The drug discovery and development application segment are expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period due to the shifting paradigm from conventional medicine to personalized medicine. This is primarily due to the growing reliance on discoveries of putative biomarkers for the development of personalized therapies. Ongoing pathology training programs to ensure that the pathology residents are aware of the developments taking place in the field of personalized medicine have also accelerated the market growth.
North America held the largest revenue share in 2020 owing to a large number of funding programs by public agencies and the presence of key players. Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth due to the presence of multiple associations that are engaged in conducting pathology training programs.
Key players are undertaking various strategic initiatives such as mergers & acquisitions and new product development to maintain their market presence. For instance, in May 2021, CellCarta acquired Reveal Biosciences, an AI-based pathology firm. This acquisition is aimed at expanding CellCarta’s offerings in AI-enabled multi-omic data analysis services and applications.
Grand View Research has segmented the global anatomic pathology market on the basis of product and services, application, end-use, and region:
- Anatomic Pathology Product & Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Microtomes & Cryostat
- Tissue Processors
- Automatic Stainers
- Whole Slide Imaging (WSI) Scanners
- Other Products
- Reagents & Antibodies
- Probes & Kits
- Anatomic Pathology Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Disease Diagnosis
- Drug Discovery and Development
- Anatomic Pathology End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Research Laboratories
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Anatomic Pathology Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
List of Key Players of Anatomic Pathology Market
- Danaher Corporation
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Sakura Finetek USA, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- PHC Holdings Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Bio SB
- NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc.
Browse through Grand View Research’s coverage of the Global Clinical Diagnostics Industry:
- Blood Transfusion Diagnostics Market–The global blood transfusion diagnostics market size was valued at USD 3,713.7 million in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.6% from 2021 to 2027.
- Lateral Flow Assays Market–The global lateral flow assays market size was valued at USD 7.2 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% from 2021 to 2028.
- Liver Cancer Diagnostics Market–The global liver cancer diagnostics market size was estimated at USD 9.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5% from 2021 to 2028
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.